Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pink Gradient Mani with Studs

Look at me!  I keep attempting nail art!  This was my first attempt at a gradient, it's not terrible, but I don't love it.  Don't they always say that you are your own worst critic?  ;-)


First off, I did three coats Ulta's Baby Doll, which was giving me trouble as always.  Maybe I'm just cursed to never be able to use light, delicate colors because they will never dry without terrible smudging or they will just be super streaky.

Anyways, after my base color finally dried, I painted two thick lines on my handy dandy make up sponge.  For this mani I choose Zoya's Sweet and Morgan.  I dabbed the sponge and still wet paint onto my finger nails to transfer the color over.  Before they dried, I did a quick coat of ORLY's Shine on Crazy Diamond.  Partially to blend the colors together, but mostly because I adore the light sparkling of holo glitter that it gives.

Finally, I drew a line of nail glue down my ring finger and stuck on my awesome Born Pretty Store nail studs that I love.  The glue dried kind of quickly so my studs ended up a little crooked, but I thought they still looked cool.

I topped the whole thing off with a thick layer of Sally Hansen's Insta Dry and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment