Thursday, July 10, 2014

Random Post: June Empties

Hey all, it's that time again!  It's Empties time!  Super exciting right?  Today I have nine products that I have managed to finish over the course of the past month that I want to share with you guys.


1. Beauty Secrets Pure Acetone (16 oz)- This is the house brand at Sally's Beauty Supply for regular pure acetone.  It works well on removing polish.  I usually just use it with glitter polishes and to clean up the edges of my nails.  As a result, it lasts forever.  Would I repurchase?  Yeah, next time I'm at Sally's I will.

2. Clean and Clear Morning Burst Body Wash Charge Pomegranate & Orange Zest- First off, I love the scent of this.  For lack of a better word, it is juicy.  Pomegranate and orange is one of my favorite scents.  It foamed up nicely and I felt sufficiently clean after the shower.  Would I repurchase?  I bought this at Big Lots on sale, so I don't know if I'd be able to get my hands on it again, but if I did I would.

3. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (3.3 oz)- OMG I love this hair masque, so much.  It makes my hair so soft, silky, and smooth.  I used it once a week during my usual maintenance routine and I loved it.  It is pretty pricey for my blood, so I rationed it like crazy.  Would I repurchase it?  As soon as I get a chance I will!  Who needs groceries?

4. Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub with Natural Pumice- I got this in my very first Julep Maven box ages ago and finally finished it.  It is a pretty decent scrub and did a good enough job, but I didn't think it was anything special.  It did warm when I rubbed it on my feet, but I didn't love it.  Would I repurchase?  Nah, I could probably find something better for cheaper. 

5. L'Oreal True Match Super Blendeable Concealer in W4-5- I really like the L'Oreal True Match foundation, I find that it is the liquid foundation that matches my skin tone the best.  I bought this concealer hoping that it would match my skin tone as well as the foundation does and it does a good job.  I had no problem blending it into my skin and it stayed around for a good while.  Near the end of the day it started fading away.  With a touch up, it lasted all day.  Would I repurchase?  Yeah, as soon as it is on sale I am there.

6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- Ah, the ever popular UD eyeshadow primer.  This thing lasted FOREVER and it was great.  My eyeshadow lasted all day for the most part.  I think I got some creasing on some particularly hot days, but I was very happy with product.  I did have the old bottle, so I was able to use the doe foot applicator.  The new squeeze tubes don't seem as nice for application.  I'm always afraid that I will squeeze the tubes too hard and squirt out half the product.  Would I repurchase?  For the product itself, I would.  I'm not a fan of the new packaging, but if I cannot find a comparable product in a container that I'm not afraid that I will accidentally squeeze out a bunch of product at once.  

As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment