Monday, June 1, 2015

Mani Monday: Jelly Sandwich

Happy Monday all!  I hope you had a lovely weekend.  I am still exhausted.  Really, it needs to be September 27th already so that I don't have to worry about wedding stuff any more.  I spent this last weekend figuring out the mens' clothing and helping my future mother in law pick out a dress.  I still have so much more stuff to do in the next four months. Ugggggg.


So today I bring you some quick, easy, and honestly kind of cheating, nail art.  Yay!  Jelly sandwich!  A jelly sandwich is when you paint your nails with a sheer or "jelly" polish and then layer a coat of glitter between two layers, or "sandwich" it.  I like jelly sandwiches for two reasons.  First off it's a good way of using polishes that are pretty, but just too sheer.  We all know I hate visible nail line and glitter does help cover that up.  Secondly, I like jelly sandwiches because it's almost like your making your own polish.  The effect of combining two polishes like this is very similar to some of the jelly and glitter mixes that indie polish makers are prone to making.  With a jelly sandwich you can do the same thing, but and pick the combination yourself.


For my sheer polish today, I used Esmaltes de Kelly in Blue Soap Bubbles.  I painted three coats of Blue Soap Bubbles on my nails and then put a coat of OPIs Comet in the Sky from the Winter 2014 Gwen Stefani collection.  Finally I topped it with one last coat of Blue Soap Bubbles and some quick dry top coat.  I only really use HK Girl.  My warning for this kind of mani and the reason why my cut off for polish is three coats, is that this will dent and wrinkle if you don't wait until it is completely dry.

If you're interested in sheer, jelly type of polishes or in Esmaltes de Kelly, they are available on Llarowe.


 As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment