Saturday, May 30, 2015

Swatch Saturday: Essie Turquoise and Caicos

Happy Saturday all.  I just a have a quick swatch today of a popular Essie polish.  It is not quite to the level of Mint Candy Apple with its cult following, but this one is nice too.



This is Essie's Turquoise and Caicos.  It is a murky sea foam green cream that was opaque in three coats.  The formula was a bit finicky and patchy, but it did eventually become opaque.  The max number of coats I'm willing to deal with for one specific polish is three coats, so it managed to avoid being thrown out the window.  I have heard it said that Turquoise and Caicos is a dupe for China Glaze For Audrey.  Yeah, no it's not.  For Audrey is noticeably bluer than Turquoise and Caicos.  If nothing else it is a less dusty version of OPI Mermaids Tears.




 As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment