Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fishtail Nail Art

Not going to lie, I totally stole this nail art from Pearly Swirl.  The original blog post is here.  I saw her picture on Instagram and had to do it.  I pulled out my three favorite Sally Hansen polishes and got to work.



I started with two thin coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Back to the Fuchsia.  It's a creamy bright pink polish with a slight blue shimmer that went on smoothly.  There was a little bit of visible nail line going on, but for what I was going for it was perfect.  If I was just painting my nails with this I would have added a third coat and been great.  You're going to want to make sure the polish dries completely between colors or else you'll mess everything up.  Believe me, I've messed up with tape A LOT.  

Next I took a piece of Scotch tape and placed it near my cuticles with a corner pointing towards the end of my nails.  Make sure that you press the tape against your skin to take away some of the stickiness or you could peel off your polish.  On the top part of my nail I used two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear polish in Celeb City.  It is my favorite silver polish ever.  After it dried completely I placed more tape the same way as before just a little higher up and painted two coats of blue polish.  For this one I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Calypso Blue.  It is the same consistency of Back to Fuchsia.  It even has the same slight blue shimmer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment