Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Nail Art Challenge - Day 3 Flowers

So day three is off to a better start then my first nail art attempt, so yay.
Flowers were a lot easier to pull off then hearts, for some reason, so I am really happy with this mani.  When I first started trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with for the flowers theme, I was at a loss.  Then I started playing with my cousin's nail polish and fell in love with this blue.


It is Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Blinding Blue.  I probably would have been fine with just one coat, but there was just a touch of visible nail line so it was a two coater.  I might have to find my own bottle of this for a lot of the nerdy nail art I have planned.
For the flowers I pulled out the dotting tools and used the biggest end I had.  The orange is Essie's Fifth Avenue, a bright red orange that paints on in one coat.  I'm very glad that I bought it on a whim.  The yellow is Milani's Totally 80's.  It's supposed to be neon green, but the formula is so thin that even with three coats on top of white polish it looks yellow.  I loved the name, but not so much the actual polish.
I love the way this ended up.  It remind me of 70's retro curtains, all bright colors and funkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment