Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Las Vegas Mani

So the boytoy took me to Las Vegas for Valentine's Day.  We walked too much and drank a lot, though he did take me to a fancy French dinner, so I guess it's okay.  Also, I got to finally end my month long "no new polish" fast, so of course I bought too many.  My next post will show off that haul, but now back to the important stuff.

For my nails, I used L'Oreal's Limited Edition Project Runway Nail Stickers in Enchanted Queen.  When I first saw these months ago, I knew I needed them for my next Las Vegas trip.  Red, black, and white nail stickers with card suits and stripes?  They were a mandatory purchase.  

Maybe it's because I had such high hopes for these guys, but they kind of sucked.  First off the ends would never file smooth.  My thumb was always catching on stuff and the pointer finger on both hands peeled off as soon as I had finished.  Lucky for me, I happened to have China Glaze's Lubu Heels on hand, so I ended up painting my pointer finger with it. 

Also if you look at my ring finger you can see air pockets.  No matter how much I smoothed it out, there were always bubbles.  The other two black nail stickers peeled off by the second day of our trip. 


The last thing I did for my failing mani was add a row of square shaped studs to each of the black nails.  That was probably my favorite part of the whole thing.  It was nice addition to the whole thing and the only thing that kept me from just peeling off the stickers and just painting all of my nails with Lubu Heels.

For those of you that don't know, Lubu Heels is a black jelly with tiny red glitters, like those iconic Louboutin heels with the red undersides.  The red is subtle unless you look at it with direct sunlight, so it's a nice little surprise.  The only downside is that you have to do a base coat of black polish to keep it opaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment