Monday, February 25, 2013

First Attempt at Water Marble

So at the beginning of February I was going to do a nail art contest.  I was super excited for it and totally pumped, and then I kept messing it up.  This was my last attempt.  One of the themes was candy, so I was trying to replicate salt water taffy using the water marbling technique.  

For those of you who don't know, water marbling is when you take a cup of warm water and drip alternating drops of polish in.  Then you mix them together with a tooth pick so that the colors mesh and mix together.  Finally, you dip your nails in the color and voila the paint sticks to your nails.  



For this mani I used OPI Big Apple Red, Zoya Morgan, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Ivory Skull. I painted my pinkie with Morgan too then did a top coat of ORLY's Shine On Crazy Diamond, just to jazz it up a bit. 

I've used Ivory Skull in my Colorful Leopard Mani and I reviewed Morgan in my Zoya 3 Free Special post.  Big Apple Red is my stock, solid red polish.  It is a creme and becomes fully opaque in two coats.  Shine On Crazy Diamond looks like just a basic glitter until sunlight hits it.  Then it becomes a holographic disco party.

I am pretty proud of my first attempt at water marbling, thought next time I wouldn't pair red and pink because they just look too similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment