Friday, September 26, 2014

Hard to Find Friday: Sephora Formula X Whatcha Nail Callit

Hey everyone, I have something totally exciting for this Hard to Find Friday post.  Well, at least I think it's exciting.  Remember when in 2012-2013 Sephora had been coming out with their Disney Princess collections?  Everything was super hard to find.  There was always a gorgeous decorative compact mirror that sold out right away.   They also released a large eyeshadow palette that was usually lacking quality, but also sold out before I could even take a look at them.  Oddly enough, the nail polish was always available.  Well they came out with a Little Mermaid collection and of course I had to have something from it and lucky for me I found the polish set.  At this point I had become notorious for my addiction of polish and my love of The Little Mermaid.  So for my birthday one of my best friends got me this kit, after I had already boughten it for myself.  :-P

It consists of 6 mini bottles of polish in a .13 fl oz size.  The only place I can find them on sale now is on eBay, so if you're interested check it out there.


Over all,  the polishes paint well and I am mostly happy with them.  I just... don't like the names of the polishes.  I feel that they don't do the polishes or The Little Mermaid justice.  Most of them are just lyrics from Under the Sea.  



This is We're in Luck Here.  It is a warm coral red cream that was opaque in two coats.  I'm generally not a fan of these kind of colors, but they compliment my skin tone well and I like this one better than most others.  But ugg, this polish really should have been called Ariel because of her trademark red hair or Sebastian, or something!




This is Off the Hook.  Just one single coat and you get this awesome purple toned metallic.  I loved this polish.  It was a tad thick in formula, but it painted on really well.  For a name, this one is okay I guess. Hooks are metallic, but then you use a hook to catch fish and that's kind of twisted.  





Have I mentioned before that I love dark almost black colors?  Well Hotter Under the Water does not disappoint.  It is a deep, dark purple that is almost black with maybe a touch of dustiness.  It took two coats to make the polish opaque and that was to cover up the odd bald spot.  Now, am I the only person who thinks this polish should have been a reference to the nefarious sea witch Ursula?  Really Sephora, you guys keep dropping the ball on the names.  


I topped Hotter Under the Water with Life is in the Bubbles.  It is an iridescent glitter topper with iridescent flakes scattered through it.  The glitter is dense enough that it paints evenly on the nail, but don't ever think that it could become opaque with a reasonable number of coats.  The flakes were a nice touch, but too difficult to get evenly on the nail.  You can see that I don't even have any on my pointer finger.  I wish that the had been more flakes in the polish, but that could also be caused by the small bottle and short brush.  Out of all the polishes, this is the only one I don't really have an issue with the name.  ;-)  It does remind me of bubbles.  Life is in the Bubbles was also the BoyToy's favorite polish of the set.  


This bright blue beauty is Devotin' to Floatin'.  This polish is my favorite.  It's that mermaid color without being too teal.  I got this color with two coats.  The first coat was patchy and disappointing, but the second one give it that gorgeous glowing color you see.  In the bottle you do see a bit of purple duochrome, but it didn't transfer to the nail at all.  As usual, the name was meh. 

 

The final polish I have for you is the mermaid's namesake, Ariel.  It is an iridescent glitter in a teal base.  It painted on well and the glitter dispersed pretty well, but I don't think it is all that unique of a color.  It reminds me of Sinful Colors in Nail Junkie.  I can only assume that it was named Ariel because it looks like a mermaid's tail, but I don't think it does her justice.

Overall, this is a pretty nice collection for any Disney nut and polish junkie to have.  If you can find it on eBay for a decent price, I say go for it.  

As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment