Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Untried Wednesday: Purple Panic

So I have a lot of untried polishes, well I feel like they're a lot.  Other nail junkies with collections that are a lot larger than mine will let me know that my untried polish basket is a joke.  The idea of having so many untouched, pretty babies makes me sad, so I always try to use as many as possible. Today's mani has three of my untried polishes, so that makes me happy.  I did get a ton of compliments on my nails today at work from men and women, especially on my accent nail.



The polish on my thumb and middle fingers is OPI's Skating on Thin Ice-land from their current Fall 2014 Nordic collection.  It is a dark plummy purple jelly  that is opaque in two coats.  I find it difficult to call this a true jelly though, no jelly is completely opaque in two coats!  It is a gorgeous color though and I'm glad I got my hands on this color from the collection.

On my pointer and pinkie fingers I am wearing VIP from who else but Bliss Polish.  Honestly Yvette's polishes are the indie I have the most of.  It's gotten a bit ridiculous, but I have no plans of stopping this trend!  As usual, VIP is amazing.  It is a lilac crelly with lavender, dark purple, and gold glitters.  Like the previous polish, it only took two coats to be opaque.

Finally on my ring finger I have Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos.  If you did not know, Funky Fingers is a brand of nail polish only available at Five Below stores, which are mostly only in Texas and the East Coast.  I got lucky and have a cousin living in Texas who has a Five Below right by her home.  Sand and Stilettos is a gorgeous silver glitter with a bit of purple tint and holographic glitter.  Following today's trend it was opaque in two coats, so awesome!  I have heard that a good dupe for this polish is Color Club's Sugar Plum Fairy.  I don't own it unfortunately, but if you have access to one you probably don't need the other.  I do adore this Funky Fingers polish and if the others that my cousin sent me are anything like this one, we're in for a bit of trouble.  :-P


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment