Monday, September 29, 2014

Mani Monday: Classic Pink with Chevrons and Glitter

Hey all, hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine was uneventful and now it's Monday.  Booooo back to work!  Me with a case of Mondays?  Never!

Today I have a pretty simple and classic mani.  If you were ever to search nail art, this would show up. I'm sure you've seen this in one form or another.  It's a pretty common, but I was feeling something easy and still eye catching to the Casuals.  ;-)


The pink on my nails is three coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Back to the Fushcia.  It is a bright pink cream with a touch of blue shimmer.  It is an older polish, but a good one.  My middle finger is Essie's Beyond Cozy, a really dense gold and silver microglitter.  It took two coats to reach opacity, and the second coat was to fill in the odd bald patch.  For my chevron accent I started with two coats of OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls, a white polish with the slightest touch of gray.  For the chevrons I used my usual Nail Vinyls and Cult Nails Fetish, a one coat black polish that dries to a waxy finish.  Per my usual warning, make sure that your base color is completely dry before you lay down the nail vinyls, or it will get messed up. 

What do you guys think? A good easy, beginner's nail art. Hope you all enjoyed it. 


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

1 comment:

  1. bwahahha! casuals. silly polish muggles. foolish mortal.

    ReplyDelete