Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mani Monday- Solitaire Spectrum

Happy Monday everybody!  My computer is spazzing out right now, so I'm trying to do this post on my iPad.  So far so good, but here's hoping nothing gets messed up in the process.  Also I've just noticed that I can't add links on here.  Damn.

Yesterday I went to a meet up with all my fellow San Diego nail junkies and had a blast.  Of course I spent way too much money, but I regret nothing.  We had decided to do blue manis for the event.  All I knew was that I had to use Bliss Polish On the Spectrum as my base.  



On the Spectrum is a beautiful blue polish with a linear holo.  I almost want to call it Crayola blue, if that makes sense.  I love it because it is holo AND a one coater.  The only other one coat holos I own are the Color Club Halo Hues.  

 I knew that I wanted to do some sort of nail art for the meet up too, but for the life of me couldn't come up with an idea.  Finally I just went with my stand by, rhinestones and polka dots.  

First I dropped a glob on top coat on my nail and placed eight pink rhinestones on my nail in the shape of a flower on my nail.  I also made sure to swipe on a coat of top coat before moving on to seal the stones in place.  On my ring finger, I used two coats of OPIs Solitaire on my ring finger.  It is their white texture polish from the 2013 holiday Bond Girls collection.  On my thumb and middle fingers I lined up my polka dots.  On my pointer and pinko I scattered them on the nail.  I made sure to do my polka dots on top on my top coat because it gives my nails some extra dimension.  
When you touch them you have smooth and rough bits.   I think it's fun.  

As the usual kind reminder, all of these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment