Saturday, June 14, 2014

Swatch Saturday: OPI OPI Ink

I am so sorry about how late this is guys.  My computer has gone and died on me completely and I hate doing full blog posts on my iPad.  I finally managed to steal the boytoy's computer so I'm back!  So let's get on with it.

I love wearing purple.  Between the combination of my skin tone, black hair, and not quite dark brown eyes, purple has always looked good on me.  I am a sucker for purple make up, usually eyeshadows, but especially nail polish.  Whenever I want to try a new brand, I usually judge them on the quality of their purples.  While OPI is not a new to me brand by a long shot, OPI Ink is a fantastic polish.


OPI Ink is a dark, vampy, purple polish with purple and blue shimmers.  After taking close to twenty pictures, this was the only one that came close to showing the blue.  In the sunlight, from the right angle, this polish also looks navy thanks to that shimmer.  It was so pretty and shimmery that I actually managed to keep it on my nails for three days.  It probably would have lasted longer on them, but I had to move on to my next post for you guys. ;-)  For me that is a huge deal because I am quick to get bored with a color.

The final selling point of this polish?  It only required two coats!  I am so used to polishes that need three coats that when I find one that is a two coater, I am in love.  One coaters are glorious.



As the usual side note, this polish was purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me polishes just to review them. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment