Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Random Post- May Empties

Hey all!  I hope you guys didn't think that I was just a nail polish junkie.  True, I don't really have a compulsive need to stock pile beauty products quite as much as polish, but it's still there.  I had the brilliant idea that I should show you guys what I finished every month and let you know how I felt about them.  For May I have ten products, so let's get started.



1. Dove Go Fresh Restore Body Wash with Nutrium Moisture in Blue Fig and Orange Blossom Scent:  My first response was meh.  It was a body wash and it did the basic job of making me feel clean, but I was not impressed.  I didn't feel like it left me any more moisturized that other body washes and the scent was not anything special.  Would I repurchase?  Nope.

2. Batiste Dry Shampoo with A Hint of Color in Dark and Deep Brown: This is my go to dry shampoo.  I love it.  My hair is almost black, so I shy away from dry shampoos that are white because I do not need my roots looking gray.  Batiste uses cocoa powder to create the darker tint to the dry shampoo, so it leaves my hair smelling good.  The boytoy says my hair smells tasty.  Would I repurchase?  Considering this is probably my eighth can of it, absolutely.  

3. The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash: I've used this for a couple of years and it's really good on oily and acne prone skin.  It has a strong tea tree scent, which I love in the mornings when I'm trying to wake up.  The boytoy would also use this every day.  He says that he liked it, but I suspect it had more to do with him not having to go buy his own.  ;-)  Would I repurchase this?  Not right now.  My skin hasn't been breaking out as much and it has shifted to combination instead of oily, so it is a bit too drying for me.  If I go back to oily and breaking out constantly, I will be running out to get this in a heart beat.  

4. Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen:  This is my usual moisturizer at the moment.  I really like it.  It doesn't leave me feeling greasy at the end of the day and goes well under my make up.  Would I repurchase?  If I can ever find it in stock, I totally would, but Target is always sold out and Ulta sells it for $5 more than Target does!  That's like a bottle of nail polish right there! ;-P

5.  Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer: I don't like spending lots of money on a product that I could get cheaper.  I don't think most people do.  When I look at make up primers, I want something that will keep my make up looking smooth and fresh without making my face oily.  I feel that the Stay Matte primer does that.  I don't think that high end primers do that much of a better job than this does for their price tag.  Would I repurchase?  Already did.

6.  Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Liner in Black:  OMG I fell in love with this liner.  It is a brush tipped applicator as opposed to the usual felt tip and I feel that it makes everything go on so much smoother.  If you wear it from the crack of dawn to midnight it will begin to smudge, but for everyday wear it is awesome.  I got this in the Christmas gift set that Lorac had been selling at Ulta with the Lorac Pro Palette, so I pretty much got it for free.  Would I repurchase?  I don't know.  It is a $22 liquid liner, so it is kind of pricey.  If I can't find a good dupe for it, I may have to though.  

7. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 69:  I got this lipstick as a deluxe sample size in an Ipsy bag a while ago.  First off, I love red lipstick.  It is my make up crack.  I have seven red lipsticks and they are all just slightly different shades of the same thing.  This one may have been my favorite.  It is a perfect almost matte shade of red that would wear all day.  I would wear this to work and just have to touch it up a bit after lunch.  Would I repurchase?  Quite possibly.  Though I did just get my hands on Lime Crime's Velveteen Liquid Lipstick in Red Velvet.  It it's as amazing as I hear, I probably wouldn't be getting the Urban Decay one any time soon.

8.  Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss:  Out of everything in this empties post, this may be my favorite product.  I love the scent of this lip balm and it just works so well on me.  I cannot use the EOS lip balms at all because they totally dry out my lips and just leave them all cracked.  This Nivea lip balm I can just smear on my lips right before bed and in the morning, my lips are smooth and perfect.  Would I repurchase?  Yes!  A thousand times yes!

9.  Neutrogena Ultra Soft Eye Makeup Remover Pads:  These guys are usually in my travel bag because they are small and come in a sturdy case.  I got these on clearance at CVS I think during their end of year clearance and finally got around to using them.  Yes I stockpile beauty products, especially when it comes to getting them for less than I would normally pay.  I am cheap.  They were really soft and did a pretty good job of getting my make up off, even my mascara, dark liner, and red lippy.  They didn't leave my face feeling oily afterwards, which I always appreciate in a make up removing wipe.  I did have to go back over my face with some Bioderma, but I have to do that with all of the different wipes I've used.  Would I repurchase?  Yeah, I would, especially if I can find them on sale.  They were great for travel and I didn't have to worry about them drying up on me.  

10.  Soap and Glory The Fab Pore Facial Peel:  I love face masks.  I try to make it part of my weekly routine.  Every Sunday and once in the middle of the week, I putter around my apartment with my mask, and every time the boytoy will gasp "g-g-g-g-g-g-ghost!"  How did I feel about this mask?  It was a disappointment.  I didn't really feel like it did much of anything.  I didn't notice any difference in my pores at all and I don't feel like it did anything for my skin as a whole.  I guess that's why I found it on clearance at Sephora....  Would I repurchase?  Ummm... Nope.

I feel like I've gone through a lot of products this month, but then the boytoy does use a fair amount of my stuff too.  I enjoyed going through all of my empties and letting you guys know how I felt about them.  Hopefully I've helped you make some decisions about stuff you may want to try out.  What did you guys think?  Did you enjoy my little (big) #notpolish post? :-P

As the usual side note, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me stuff for free just to review them. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment