Saturday, June 7, 2014

Swatch Saturday: Zoya Lux

I love textured polishes.  Ignoring the fact that they are glittery and play up to my need to be constantly touching things, textured polishes wear on my nails like iron, and they don't require top coat!  As much as I love textured polish, I love holographic glitter even more.  Rainbows and glitter??  Ah I love it.  So when I saw that Zoya was coming out with their Magical Pixie Dusts I was so excited.  Until reviews kept pouring in that it was a super bumpy and would constantly snag on stuff.  My work clothes would not be okay with snagging polish. :-P  So I made peace and told myself that I did not need them.  UNTIL MissHollyBerries described Zoya Lux has OPIs Teenage Dream on steroids.  So no matter what everyone else said, I needed to have this one specific Magical Pixie Dust.


Oh. My. Goodness.  This is three coats of Lux inside my not all that bright kitchen.  This is the only only holographic polish that I've ever seen actually be holo in doors.  I tried taking pictures outside in direct sunlight, but my poor camera was just not having it.  

Lux is a very sheer, blush pink base with tiny, matching glitters and holographic, large hexes.  I don't know if my third coat was just too thick, but the texture feels the same as any other Pixie Dust.  The larger hexes did not snag on my clothing or anything else.  I may need to get my hands on the rest of the Magical Pixie Dusts.  

Also MissHollyBerries was right, this is totally Teenage Dream on steroids.  It's like a dupe, BUT BETTER.  My huge lemming for it is pretty much non existent now.  

As the usual side note, this polish was purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me polishes just to review them. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That was the only one I couldn't get yesterday! Good thing for Ulta and coupon....

    ReplyDelete