Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Untried Wednesday: Zoya Storm and Nina Ultra Pro Holographic Top Coat

Hey guys, sorry this is coming up later in the day, but it's been a busy couple of days.  My laptop wouldn't work and I couldn't get it to stay on for longer than a couple of minutes at a time.  Monday's post was actually done on my iPad.  Also yesterday, I fell down the stairs.  >_<  I sprained my ankle, so I've been hobbling around.  Today's post is being written from my phone while the boytoy pushes me around the San Diego County Fair in a wheel chair.  Yeah.  The luxury that is my life.  :-P

So last Sunday, I went on a road trip up to Orange County with some of my other nail junkie girls out here.  It was awesome, we went crazy, and spent far too much money.  So now I'm on a no buy again until I make a very large dent in my untrieds.  Hence why today I bring you two polishes!


I wore Zoya Storm and Nina Ulta Pro Holographic Top Coat.  I got Storm at my meet up and was so glad I had managed to find it.  I had been lemming for it for a couple of years now and I hate ordering from the Zoya website, unless there's a sale going on.  The Holographic Top Coat I bought in my search of Butter London dupes.  Butter London has some of the prettiest glitter polishes, but the formula SUCKS on me.  Within hours it will peel off my nails in sheets.  The Nina Ultra Pro Holographic Top Coat looked identical to Butter London's Tart with a Heart.  


For my nails I painted two coats of Zoya's Storm and one coat of the Nina Ultra Pro as an accent nail on my ring finger.  I loved both of these polishes.  Let's just start with that.  Black polishes are usually difficult to use in my experience.  More often than not, they will take three coats.  Not only did Storm only require two coats, but it also had glitter?  There was no way that I couldn't love it.  The Holographic Top Coat was amazing for multiple reasons.  First off, it has holographic glitter and hexes.  Second, it is a really good dupe of Tart with a Heart.  I am not heartbroken anymore that I can't wear the original Butter London polish.  It is a quarter of the price to boot!  The final reason I loved this polish was the brush.


The top brush is the Nina Ultra Pro brush and the bottom one is the Zoya one.  This brush is HUGE.  I know there are some people that don't like brushes this big, but I love them.  One swipe and my nail is painted, I can move on.  It makes me very happy.

As the usual kind reminder, all of these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment