Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Untried Wednesday: Essie Van D'Go

I own lots of bright colored polishes.  I am a fan of strong statements when it comes to color, so I am fond of picking bold colors for my nails.  Once in a while though, I do need to use a palette cleanser sort of color and that's why I picked Essie's Van D'Go as my polish.


Van D'Go is a baby pink cream with a bit of peach undertones that takes two coats for opacity.  On the first coat, the polish was a bit streaky, but by the second it was fine.  My  issue with this polish is that pretty quickly I got some almost spiderweb cracks on some of my nails.  I've noticed that this has happened to me before with cream polishes.  I don't know if it's the formula itself or if the polish is getting old.  Also if you notice that on the tip of my index finger, the polish didn't end up completely smooth.  The formula was a little thick so it was a touch difficult to apply.  Hopefully a couple of drops of polish thinner will fix both of these problems though.

Van D'Go was a pretty color.  Right off the bat, the color was pretty different from what I am used to wearing, so it put me off. Though it quickly grew on me.



As the usual kind reminder, this polish was purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment