Friday, January 23, 2015

Hard to Find Friday: LOreal Masked Affair

If you've spent any amount of time as a nail polish junkie and following the community, you've noticed that there is usually one specific polish that everyone is rushing out to get because it has some unique aspect to it.  Whether it is a one coat blue that doesn't stain (RIP Sally Hansen Pacific Blue), a mainstream polish with multicolored flakes (RIP Color Club The Uptown), or something else all together (I still don't understand what the big deal was with Sinful Shine Prosecco), there is always something that us junkies are looking for.  And when we set our sights on something, they become that much more difficult to find.  Right now the current obsession is LOreal's Masked Affair from their Dark Sides of Grey collection.  This polish can be found only in the Dark Sides of Grey displays, and the only stores that have been carrying them are Rite Aid and Walgreens.  The kicker is that the displays only have two of each polish and they do not get restocked.  So if you like this polish, head out to look for it RIGHT NOW.

(sunlight)

(indoor lighting)

Masked Affair is a purple tinged, silver, linear holo, and a very strong one at that.  I used two coats for complete opacity.  The first was smooth and even, if not a touch thin, but the second left everything perfect.  From my understanding, there can be a bit of pulling with the second coat, so I would wait until the first coat is completely dry before adding more on top.

In the sunlight this polish is ridiculously holographic, pretty much to the extent of my Color Club Halo Hues I feel.  To see something like this at the drugstore level is pretty crazy I think.  My indoor lighting picture did not really do the polish justice.  Looking at my nails right now, in my apartment's terrible lighting, I still see a bit of a rainbow sheen and a touch of purple shift.  In the bottle you can faintly see the purple and I could not get this to translate into the pictures.

If you want this polish, you need to grab your polish loving bestie, or your very sweet significant other and go hunting for it.  I think it's totally worth it.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment