Friday, January 16, 2015

Hard to Find Friday: Urban Decay Chaos and Zoya Cosmo

Woo it's Friday!  I'm so excited for the week to be over.  As soon as I'm done with work today, I'm taking a nap.  It's my favorite way to celebrate.  ;-P


Today I have two polishes.  The blue I'm wearing on four of my five nails is Urban Decay in Chaos.  It is a cobalt blue with a lighter blue shimmer.  The formula is really smooth and thick.  The first coat was almost opaque, with just a little bit of balding at the base of my nails, though the second coat left it perfect.  The shimmer in the polish makes it glow.  I adore it.  I bought this polish, along with a few other Urban Decay polishes at Nordstrom Rack on clearance.  I have not seen it anywhere else.  I'm assuming they've been discontinued.  :-(

My accent polish is Zoya's Cosmo.  It is one of the Magical Pixie Dusts, which pretty much just means that it has large holographic hexes in the texture polish, and we all know how I feel about holographic anything. I used two coats for full opacity.  The Magical Pixie Dusts are supposed to have a more extreme texture, but I was not bothered by it at all.  In case you have not already heard, Zoya has retired, not discontinued, the Pixie Dust line.  They did imply that some colors may be coming back later, similar to how they treat the Matte Velvets.  So while they are still available on the Zoya website, will not be there for long and people have been finding them in clearance racks.  Head out and stock up now.



As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment