Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Untried Wednesday: Illamasqua Radium and Funky Fingers Glitter Explains It All

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope you all are having a lovely week so far.  We are a flurry of activity here at LacquerVixen Headquarters, but not for anything particularly exciting.  We've been trying to tidy up the place and had boughten one of those nifty cube organizers from Target, only to find out that it was missing all of the screws and hardware.  After having to tote it back and forth, up and down stairs, and getting a new little bag of tools from Target, we found out that the box we had boughten was a repackaged return!  Some people had already attempted to put it together, wrongly I may add, and had left screws and pegs jammed into the wrong spots.  So right now, Mr. LacquerVixen is banging away trying to force it to work because we are both exhausted with dealing with this.  Moral of the story?  Target Threshold furniture sucks.  Now let's move on to my nails, which we all know why you're really here today.



On my nails I have Illamasqua's Radium which is a bright, lime green cream with a bit of light shimmer.  There are two fantastic things that you have to know about this polish, this bright neon color was achieved alone without the help of a white base, also this is just ONE COAT.  It is a bright, fantastic color that I am very glad to have in my collection.  It is a bit brighter than Finger Paint's Mistful Thinking and Essie's More the Merrier.  It also lacks the blue flash that Sally Hansen's Chartreuse Chase.  I don't own Chartreuse Chase, but The Daily Varnish has a nice swatch.  Also, all of those polishes do end up needing three coats, while Radium only needs one to be completely opaque.  If Illamasqua is ever up on Hautelook again, this is a polish you need in your life.

My accent today is Funky Fingers Glitter Explains It All.  This polish was released in a trio of other bright glitter toppers that were all named after 90's television shows, I don't think they had a collection name, but they are fun to have.  Glitter Explains It All has white, blue, and lime green hexes along with small blue glitters.  After I had painted my nails, it occurred to me that my base was the same color lime green as some of the glitters.  Oops.  Over all the glitter pay off was very nice, and it painted on smoothly on the nail with out the need to place or dab any glitter.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment