Saturday, January 10, 2015

Swatch Saturday: A England Tristam

Hey all, I just have a quick swatch for you guys today.  This is one of the many great polishes I got for the holidays.  When I pulled it out of the layers of tissue paper and bubble wrap, I squealed.  This one has been on my wish list for a good long while.


A England's Tristam is described as a "rich, deep blue with smooth holographic particles".  Well mine is dark blueish purple.  The formula was thick, almost a touch too thick.  It was completely opaque in one coat, but clean up with particularly difficult, as you can see from my picture.  I don't know if it is because of the strange cold spell that we've been having in San Diego, but the formula of Tristam was not quite on par with the other A Englands I have tried in the past.  I am hoping that a bit of thinner will even this formula out and make it easier to work with.   The holographic particles were very dense and did give that lovely rainbow arc that we all know and love from a linear holo in the sunlight.  Unfortunately, the weather here in San Diego hates holo swatching.

You can find the Llarowe listing for this polish here.

As the usual kind reminder, while I did not purchase this polish with my own money, it was given to me as a gift from a friend.  I am not cool enough to be sent stuff to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment