Monday, December 15, 2014

Mani Monday: Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

I love the movie Frozen.  It speaks to me on multiple levels.  I love it because I'm an older sister and I have a little sister too.  The music is some of my favorite Disney songs, and Do You Want to Build a Snowman is a favorite.  Especially because it played into Mr. LacquerVixen's proposal.  ;-)  So as soon as I got my hands on Funky Fingers Olaf, this mani idea has been in my head.


For my base, I used two coats of Julie G Santorini from the 2014 Cruise Collection from this past summer.  It is a baby blue cream.  Unfortunately the pretty silver shimmer in the bottle doesn't translate to the nails at all.  The formula is thick and easy to work with, but it is a touch patchy.  I don't really have anything like this in my collection, but from my understanding, light blue creams like this tend to have finicky formula.  So two coats is not that bad.



I topped four of my nails with Funky Fingers Olaf.  It is a glitter topper with small white hexes, iridescent glitters, and white snowflakes.  The glitters spread out pretty well, but the snowflakes were a touch difficult.  I had to do a fair amount of fishing for them.  The ones I did get on my nails, laid completely flat on the nail and did not curve at all.  So they did stick out a little.  I almost like it better without the snowflakes.  I may just avoid the snowflakes for the future.

On my ring finger I drew a snowman with a dotting tool, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Call Me Gwenever, along with ORLY Liquid Vinyl.  Those are all some of my go to's when it comes to nail art.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment