Sunday, December 7, 2014

Random Post: November Empties

Hey all.  It's that time again!  It's time for us to go through my beauty trash, you know the fun stuff.  This month is a lot shorter than last month, I only have eight products this month, so at least we know I'm not just pouring them down the drain. ;-)


1. Dead Sea Elements Wet Cleansing & Make Up Remover Towelettes (60 pack):  I randomly bought this at Marshalls because I was out.  They were fantastic.  I only had to use one towelette when I took off my make up, and let me tell you, I wear a fair amount a make up.  I didn't even have any trouble taking off my mascara.  Would I repurchase?  If I can find them again, I totally will.

2. Bath and Body Works Pink Chiffon Triple Moisture Body Cream: This is a thick cream that I prefer to use when my skin is particularly dry.  It does a good job of that and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or leave a gross film behind.  Pink Chiffon is also my favorite Bath and Body Works scent, since they discontinued all the original classic scents including Mango Mandarin, but that's a different rant.  Would I repurchase?  Yeap!

3. Garnier 5 Sec Blur Skin Renew Instant Smoother: Now I have obvious pores on my nose and forehead, they're probably even considered big.  So a pore filler or blurrer have always been a part of my make up process.  The 5 Sec Blur does exactly that,  it will not fill your pores, but it does diminish the appearance of them.  It also is a large size and lasted me a long time.  Would I repurchase?  As soon as I can find it again.

4. Cinema Swatch Lacquers Deleted Scenes Polish Remover in Chocolate Orange: In case you have not heard, Deleted Scenes is a pretty popular indie polish remover because it has a bunch of extra nourishing stuff and smells really good.  It was good at removing my polish quickly and left my cuticles feeling moisturized and smelling good, but jeez I flew through the bottle.  I felt like I used it up a lot quicker than other ones.  Would I repurchase?  If I had an infinite polish budget, than sure, but I feel like my beloved pink Sally's Beauty remover was just as good and I get so much more product for less money.

5. Julep in Myrtle: I got this in a random Julep box at some point and was thrilled because the formula was smooth and it was opaque in nearly one coat.  Until I noticed that I had two dupes for it in my collection, specifically OPIs Big Apple Red and Essie's Size Matters.  Would I repurchase?  Nope.  Not when there are readily available dupes that are significantly cheaper and give more product.

6. Julep Matte Top Coat: This was a good matte top coat, it went on smoothly and there was no shrinkage.  Would I repurchase?  Just like Myrtle, not because there are cheaper and larger options.

7. Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser: I got this in an Ipsy bag randomly and over all I enjoyed it.  It foamed up well with my Clarisonic and left my face feeling clean, but the smell of it was very unappealing.  Though it probably was not bad enough for me to stop using it.  Would I  repurchase?  Possibly.  I have a fair amount of face cleansers in my stash to try out.  If I don't find something I love more than I will probably be picking it up.

8. Different Dimension Cuticle Oil in Jolly Rancher: Oh my goodness.  This stuff smells AMAZING.  It makes me want to chew on my fingers because it smells delicious.  I adore cuticle oil that comes in little pens like this one and this one may have been my favorite.  Would I repurchase?  As soon as I finish the stash I have now, I may only be buying this one from now on.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment