Monday, December 8, 2014

Mani Monday: Glitter Tips

Happy Monday!  Did everyone have a nice weekend?  I'm still on a giddy rush from my Christmas party with my nail girls from Saturday.  So many polishes got knocked off my wishlist, I just can't even deal.  I wanted to bring you all my mani from that awesome day, so here it is!


Our theme for the meet up glitter and I decided to match to match a pink sweater with a large, silver sequined bow.  I painted two coats of This Gown Needs a Crown from OPI's 2013 Miss Universe collection.  It is a silver metallic polish that dries to a satin matte finish.  I did paint a coat of top coat because I was trying to do my mani quickly.  On my other fingers I painted three coats of Essie's Got Engaged from their 2014 Wedding collection.  It is a pretty baby pink with a heavy shimmer in the bottle that does not translate onto the nail at all. The first coat was patchy, and the second helped, but was not enough to make it opaque.  


I then used a make up sponge to pat Essie's Set in Stone on the tips of my nails and also painted a coat of it on my silver nail.  Sponging glitter is a quick and easy way of glamming up your nails and keeping them from getting too thick with the clear base.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment