Monday, December 1, 2014

Mani Monday: Snowflakes!

Happy December everyone!  I'm finally back after my impromptu vacation.  I had not planned on being gone for a week, but we went up to my parents for Thanksgiving and that is always chaos.  If I wasn't babysitting, cooking or running errands for my dad, then I was stuck in traffic.  I had also forgotten that my parent's internet is terrible and I can never get any of my electronics to work out there.  I rarely even have phone service.  If I had been smart I would have prewritten my posts before going up there, instead of just prepping them to be written.  Oh well, we're back and up and running now, so let's get on it.

On a side note, my giveaway is still going on so make sure you enter before it ends this Saturday.

My plan for December is to use as many of my holiday polishes and glitter bombs as possible.  So be prepared for lots of red, green, gold, blue, and silver this month, along with a lot of Deborah Lippmann polishes.




Today, I started off with two coats of Zoya's Dream.  It was a strong blue jelly with a scattering of holographic glitter.   The formula was a touch thick and my application was a little messy because I wanted to be sure that I got all the edges, but that is nothing that a good clean up brush can't handle.  Now this is one of my favorite polishes, I've used this at least on four different occasions, so I suspect that the formula is thick because of the usage and the air it has been exposed to.  Nothing that a bit of thinner can't fix.


On top of Dream, I placed some glittery, silver, snowflake shaped decals from VinylsaurusRex.  Each sheet of vinyls has eight large snowflakes (like the ones on my pointer and ring fingers), four medium ones, and four small ones.  I placed them randomly on my nails and just clipped off the extra parts that did not quite fit.  Over all I liked them.  They lay down flat easily and were easy to work with.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment