Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Untried Wednesday: Starrily Barbie's First Christmas and Essie Scarlett O'Hara

Merry Christmas Eve and last night of Hannukah!  I hope you all are having a great holiday, or just a great normal day.  I have a half day at work today then we're heading over to the in laws for the holiday, so here's hoping work doesn't drag on.


The red on my nails is Essie's Scarlett O'Hara, a glowing red shimmer.  It was completely opaque in two coats, but I added a third to deepen the color.  I feel that it is a good staple color to have in any collection, but there are similar shades out there.  So this specific one is not necessary.  My accent fingers are Starrily's Barbie's First Christmas with is a white crelly base full of different shaped glitters.  It has pink butterflies, purple stars, lime green large hexes, red circles, and pink, green, and red smaller hexes.  It was opaque in two coats.  The glitter was very dense, so I did not have any problem getting the larger pieces on my nail, but it did make the formula a little thick.  I just had to make sure I placed the large pieces instead of just swiping with them.

As I have mentioned in myBlack Friday Haul, the Starrily customer service and shipping was TERRIBLE, but I adored all of the polishes I had ordered.  So if you don't mind waiting or can avoid sales, Barbie's First Christmas was fantastic.  You can check out Starrily here.  There is only a select inventory right now, because apparently they are still shipping out their November orders.  From Black Friday.  Yeah.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

1 comment: