Friday, May 30, 2014

Hard to Find Friday- OPI The One That Got Away

If you were to look in my Helmer at all my different polishes that I own, you would notice that the brand I own the most of is OPI.  The brand may be known for recycling colors, but there are some polishes that are amazing.  In every new collection, there is usually at least one fantastic new color.  In their 2012 The Amazing Spider-Man collection, it was Just Spotted the Lizard.  In the 2013 San Francisco Line there was Alcatraz Rocks!  Finally in their Katy Perry collection from 2010, I fell in love with The One That Got Away.

I had owned Not Like the Movies at one point and didn't love it, so I passed it along to a new home.  Part of me has the hugest polish hard on for Teenage Dream, but I already own the Milani dupe, so I find myself pacified for the time being.  I am so very glad that I managed to find The One That Got Away randomly at TJ Maxx.  The first time I wore this polish I fell in love.  I always say Just Spotted the Lizard started my polish obsession, The One That Got Away drilled it into my brain and made it permanent.


Looking at this polish leaves me just in shock.  It is a raspberry jelly with glass flecks in it.  This picture is after three coats.  Looking up close, the flecks are almost slightly different shades of raspberry from the different layers. It has so much dimension that I am at a loss for words, just that I adore this polish.

Random side fact.   This is the first polish that someone has recognized on my nails.  I had a customer ask if this was the color I was wearing because it was her favorite.  Her bathroom tiles are this same color!

As the usual side note, this polish was purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me polishes just to review them. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment