Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Untried Wednesday- Deborah Lippmann Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Guys, I love Deborah Lippmann polishes, like so much.   I own fifteen, which if you think about that fact that they retail for $18-$22, is kind of crazy.  In my defense, I've only paid full price for one of them, which was Mermaid's Dream and I still regret nothing.  The rest I got cheap or as gifts from the Boytoy or Mama LacquerVixen.  I love all of my Deborah Lippmann polishes... except for this one.


This picture is three coats of Hit Me With Your Best Shot.  Now looking at it right off the bat, the color looks fine, just not particularly impressive.  It's a dark gray with the slightest bit of blue shimmer in the sunlight.  I kept trying to capture the blue, but my camera just would not capture it.  The very meh color could have been saved with a good formula, you know considering it is a high end brand and retails for $18.  This was three coats, and if you look closely at the right corner of my pointer finger there is a bald patch.  My right hand is worse.  I would have liked the polish a whole lot better if the formula was actually good.  Lucky for me, I bought this polish on clearance from Beauty Brands for $4 when they were discontinuing their Deborah Lippmann polishes.  If I had boughten this at full price I would have been very upset.  I was so disappointed I couldn't make myself even clean up the edges, I just wanted to move on to the next color as soon as possible.

As the usual side note, this polish was purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me polishes just to review them. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment