Monday, May 12, 2014

Mani Monday: Delightfully Tacky

Hey guys! Greetings from fabulous Las Vegas!  We got in yesterday and have done so much already. Most of it involved adult beverages, but hey it's Vegas right? Today we're going to watch a comedy, musical show and hit the buffets, maybe do some polish shopping. ;) 

For today's Mani Monday, I bring to you my Vegas mani. Keep in mind that this was my second attempt.  Originally I had a huge, elaborate design involving large, holo, hex glitters and nail shields, but they kept popping off.  So I got annoyed and moved on.  I'm a firm believer that nail art should not cause stress. If it doesn't work the first time, try again a lot later when you're not annoyed.  

My Vegas mani involved one of my favorite red polishes, China Glaze in Ruby Pumps and some Sally Hansen Salon Effects Strips in Misbehaved.  Now I know that there are some people who would call a foul on this being my own nail art because I used the nail wraps, and I am fine with that. After my first failed attempt, I could not bring myself to start my trip off on the bad note that a subpar mani would have caused. So I will wear my nail wraps with pride.



On my pointer and ring finger I wore 3 coats of Ruby Pumps.  It is a gorgeous red jelly with red glitter in it, but does leave a touch of visible nail line, so I had to cover it up. On my other fingers I used the Misbehaved nail wraps. They are a champagne color with a print reminiscent of fishnet stockings.  I felt the combination of both was sexy (scandalous right?) and totally appropriate.  At the base of my nails I alternated black and red rhinestones to add a touch of bling.  

I am very happy with my mani and so far it has managed to hold up pretty well considering I am on vacation.  No chipping here! 

As a kind reminder, all of these products have been purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough for people to send me free stuff just to review it. ;)

1 comment: