Monday, May 5, 2014

Mani Monday- Strange Mermaid

Welcome to Mani Monday!  As I explained before, in an effort to make myself blog more I am having themed days.  So for today, I used a fancy new-to-me MoYou plate.  These things are gorgeous and so well made, if not a little intimidating.  Maybe I'll review it here for you guys, but know already that I love them.  Let's get this started!  I hope you guys enjoy my first successful attempt at stamping.  I am actually pretty proud of myself.


For my base I used OPIs Stranger Tides, which I just swatched the other day.  Before I started, I put two layers of Sally Hansen's Insta Dry Top Coat.  Apparently multiple coats of top coat before stamping helps protect your base color incase you need to take some acetone to your nail to erase an attempt.  It makes perfect sense, but it never would have occurred to me.  The plate I used was MoYou London's Fairytale Collection 06.  Isn't it just gorgeous?  I am a sucker for fantasy anything, especially mermaids!  This is what it looks like.


To stamp I used Cult Nail's Fetish, which is a one coat black cream with a waxy finish.  It is my current go to black polish.  To scrape away the excess polish I used just a basic plastic membership card (I think it was my Body Shop card) and to pick up the design I used the Konad spongey thing.  :P  On my index finger I placed the starfish in the mermaid's hair, my middle finger was her seashell bra, and my ring finger was the curl of her tail.  On my thumb and pinkie I swiped one good coat of Sea Lore Polish's Ariel (because really, how could I NOT use this polish in a mermaid themed mani?) and voila complete!  

I hope you guys enjoyed my nail art.  

As a side note, these polishes and stamping plate were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me stuff just to review them. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment