Saturday, May 31, 2014

Swatch Saturday- Bliss Polish Charming and Zoya Maria Luisa

First off, I am super sorry guys that this post is coming out on Sunday, and not on Saturday.  It was my little sister's baby shower and every time I sat down to write this up my mom would yell at me to stop being lazy and help them set up.  -.-  But I do have some super cute nail art for tomorrow, I promise!

It is always difficult for me to get into a show.  Popular shows are always hit and miss with me.  I love Supernatural, Arrow, and Sherlock, but could not get into Doctor Who or Breaking Bad.  I know, I'm a horrible terrible person.  

I did recently get addicted to Sons of Anarchy and Yvette from Bliss Polish totally caused it.  She is one of my San Diego nail girls and I am so glad we got to hang out at our last meet up.  

I managed to get my hands on Charming a little while ago right before she moved, and the shop got temporarily closed.  I fell in love with how delicate and pretty this polish is.


It is a sheer white polish with sparse gold flakes that dries to a waxy finish.  Even with my usual HK Girl top coat, it still looked kind of matte.  As we all know, one of my biggest pet peeves is VNL.  I do work with money all day, so my hands get really dirty and I always feel like my nail always look dirty unless they're coated in an opaque color.  

I wore three coats of this polish, and still had VNL.  If you look on her listing the swatch is completely opaque.  I get the feeling that I just need to fiddle with the application and I should be perfectly happy with it.  It's not quite stark white and has a little bit of omph with the gold flakes.  


In an effort to distract me from the VNL, I topped Charming with one coat Zoya's Maria Luisa which is an almost tarnished gold flake that came out in their 2013 Winter collection.  It is my go to gold flake at the moment.  I kind of like Charming better without the topper.  

Bliss Polish is up and running again and Yvette has come out with some new holographic neon polishes that I am super excited for.  I totally did not already make an order.  If you're interested  you can find her shop here.  

As the usual side note, this polish was purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me polishes just to review them. ;-)  Though, if Yvette wants to give me free polishes that would be cool.  


No comments:

Post a Comment