Monday, October 20, 2014

Mani Monday: Blood Splattered Zombie Flesh

Hey all! Hope you're all having a great Monday. Yeah I know you're not, Monday's suck. Today is actually my Friday, I don't have to be back at work until Thursday. Wooooo! I'm heading up to visit Mama LacquerVixen, so I'm actually blogging right now from my phone at a Starbucks. Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people at Starbucks. Well at least I'm not taking up a whole table I guess.  

For the longest time I've been itching to do a splatter mani.  I've been looking for some coffee stirrers for weeks and no one has them, my no one I mean Target. Way to drop the ball Target. :P I did find cocktail straws though. 


Last night I was inspired. I had been looking for an excuse to bring Dollish Polish's Zombie Flesh back to the blog and the cocktail straws were my reason.  I put down two coats of Zombie Flesh and then pulled out Julep's Mytrle.  Myrtle is just a stock red cream with a touch of jelly to it.  I took one of the cocktail straws, dipped it in the polish and blew through the other end, pointing it at my nails.  

This technique is supposed to splatter the polish on your nail.  Well it is if you use a tiny straw.  The cocktail straws are a tad too large. While there is some splattering, I did end up with a fair amount of globbing.  Now this isn't terrible in this mani.  My nails look like zombie flesh splashed with blood, which is what I was going for.  If you're going for a more delicate splatter, keep looking for the coffee stirrers. 

Another word of advice?  Tape the hell out of your fingers.  It took my so long to clean up my nails.  They actually legitametly looked like blood splattered fingers. Mr. LacquerVixen actually said they looked cool. ;)

As the usual kind reminder. These products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me products for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment