Monday, October 6, 2014

Mani Monday: FrankenGlitz

Happy October all!  Sure it's six days into the month, but that doesn't mean that it's still not exciting.  :-) October to me, like to so many other people, means Halloween and while I probably wouldn't have any exciting Halloween plans or wouldn't dress up, it doesn't mean that I can't start rocking all the cool Halloween manis.


First off, these are the base polishes I wore for my mani.  On my thumb, middle, and pinkie fingers I am wearing Revlon Parfumerie Lime Basil.  It is a kelly green cream that is opaque in two coats, though the formula was a touch thick, but I could probably chalk that up to owning it for almost a year and using it quite a few times.  Also it is scented!  I think that's pretty neat.  G at Nouveau Cheap described the smell of this polish the best, saying that it smells like 7 Up and effervesce.  Actually, her review of this polish last year made me run out and buy this even though I'm not really a green person.  I keep saying that I'm not a green person, but if I had to pick my top ten polishes, at least a third of them would be green.

On my index finger I have my usual one coat of Cult Nails Fetish.  I didn't top coat any of these polishes for this picture, so you can see the waxy finish that Fetish dries to.  On my ring finger I painted three coats of OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  The formula is a little bit finicky, sometimes it is opaque in two coats and sometimes it takes three.  The only reason I put up with the formula is that it is not a true pure white.  It has a touch of gray going on and I like that.



What do you guys think of my final product?  It's a simplistic version of Frankenstein and his Bride, but I like it.

On my index finger, I topped Fetish with KB Shimmer's Jack which is a black jelly with orange hexes in various sizes and a few black hexes scattered in there.  It had been released last year as Limited Edition and has returned this year.  So if you're interested, pick it up soon before she pulls it again!  It is the only obviously Halloween polish I own, so I like to use it a lot in October.

For my green nails, I did a few things.  First off I topped them with ORLY's Sparkling Garbage which is a green holo glitter in a green tinted base from ORLY's Summer 2013 Mash Up collection .  Once that dried, I used a small dotting tool to draw on Frank's hair with Fetish at the base of my nail and then two lines as his eyes.  On my two other nails, I used the same dotting tool to draw sets of lines to look like a wound and stitches.  Looking back, I probably used have used a thin brush for it, but I am happy with it for a first try.

On my ring finger, I began with topping MBSW with ORLY Shine On Crazy Diamond then using a large dotting tool to paint most of my nail with Fetish for the Bride's tall hair.  I then drew a wavy line with MBSW for the trademark white stripe of hair and finally dotted two large eyes with Fetish.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment