Saturday, October 18, 2014

Swatch Saturday: Color Club Beyond

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's time for the final post of my impromptu Holo Week and what better way of doing that than with a Color Club Halo Hue polish?


This is Beyond.  I'll give you a second to absorb it.  You good?  This is what a linear holo should be.  It has the perfect arc of reflective rainbow glitter.  In doors, Beyond is kind of boring.  It looks like a charcoal polish with shimmer, but if you happen to get the perfect sunbeam or are outdoors it just knocks you out.  Another great thing about this polish?  It is perfectly opaque in ONE COAT.   This is why I love the Halo Hues, they are super holographic and are usually one coaters.  Now the formula is a touch thick, but nothing that can't be handled.  There are conflicting opinions of the color of this.  Some people call it gray, some call it black.  I've even heard it called brownish gray.  I believe this is a black holographic polish.  The thing with linear holos is that because of the size of the glitter and the amount needed to create the effect, the polish becomes grayed out.  A lot of the time, the color of a holo will become dull because of that, and blacks tend to become charcoal.  That is why you don't really see any true black linear holos.  Most of the time, they are scattered holos to keep the color.  Though if someone knows of a true black linear holo, point me in the right direction!


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how this compares to Revvvolution?? I have that one...but this looks darker.

    ReplyDelete