Hey look, a random post and it's my September Empties to boot! I haven't done one of these since since July, but now that my computer is up and running again and I've gotten back into the swing of things I had a new post about my trash. This batch it big so lets get started!
1. OPI Nail Envy: What can I say about this that hasn't been said before? Nail Envy is the only nail hardener I will use. It works well for me and I feel that my nails have gotten a bit harder since I've been using it. Would I repurchase? Already have.
2. Essie First Base: First Base is an adhesive top coat that I enjoy. This is the second bottle I have gone through, so obviously it has worked for me. Would I repurchase? Eventually. I managed to get my hands on a giant refill bottle of ORLY's Bonder, so I'm set on a sticky base for a while.
3. CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat: This is a mini bottle of one of those at home gelesque top coats. It has some UV components, so the bottle is blacked out. I use this as my top coat on my toes. I will skip the base coat and use whatever polish happens to strike my fancy, then top coat it with the Vinylux. I've gone two weeks like that without a single chip on my toes, and most of the time I wear close toed shoes. Would I repurchase? I already bought the full sized bottle. :-)
4. Lorac 3D Liquid Luster in Gold: The Liquid Luster is a glitter topper for eyeshadow. It is amazing and fabulous. I will dab a little on my eyes and feel like the glittery diva I am, without looking trashy. The only sadness is that my bottle dried up. It must have been left open for too long because I also have the Opal shade and that was is still perfectly fine. Would I repurchase? Definitely. I'm already eyeballing the Christmas set that Lorac is releasing.
5. Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer: This is the deluxe size that came with the Lorac Pro Palette (the original one). It's a pretty decent primer, but I don't think it's amazing. My Urban Decay Primer Potion was still better. At the end of the day, I would still have some creasing with the Behind the Scenes primer. Would I repurchase? Meh probably not. If I got it for free I'd use it though.
6. Cosmetic Cotton: I don't really have a brand name for this, it's in Japanese. :-( But I do love it! I got it at Daiso Japan which is this awesome Japanese discount store chain. Everything is only $1.50 unless marked differently, and they just have so much cute stuff! The Cosmetic Cotton are little square shaped cotton pads which I think do a fantastic job of taking off most polish. They tend to fall apart on the really chunky glitter, but they work wonders on everything else. Would I repurchase? I already have two boxes as back up!
7. Rubbing Alcohol: Now you may wonder why I have a bottle of rubbing alcohol in my beauty empties. The reason is pretty boring. I like to swipe a cotton ball damp with alcohol on my nails before I paint them to get rid of oils. My nail beds tend to be oily, so I have to go through a longer process if I want my polish to stay longer than a day. Would I repurchase? Yes, already have.
8. Bath and Body Works Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in Farmstand Apple: Okay, first off we all know that the Bath and Body Works is good. I really enjoyed the smell of this soap. In case I haven't said it before, my favorite scent is apple, but none of that cinnamon apple spice. I like pure apple smells. This soap gave me that scent I enjoyed so much. Would I repurchase? Sure. If I can find it on sale, absolutely, but it's only soap so I'm not going to search it out.
9. Dove Go Fresh Revive in Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent: What's an empty's post without some deodorant? This is my usual deodorant that I've been using for a couple of years. It's a good solid one that lasts me all day. The container does claim 48 hours, but I doubt it would actually go that long. But then the idea of not reapplying it every morning seems kind of gross to me. Would I repurchase? Yeap.
10. Victoria Secret Pure Seduction Shower Gel: Okay so as a shower gel it does its job well, it lathers well and leaves you clean, but I HATE the smell. I abhor floral scents so much, they just smell so bad to me. I made the boytoy finish this for me. Would I repurchase? Noooooope.
11. Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer: This is my usual face moisturizer. It doesn't me feeling oily and greasy. The boytoy even loves it, so we share. Would I repurchase? Of course.
12. LOreal Voluminous Miss Manga in Blackest Black: I love this stuff so much. I love the dramatic effect that it gives my lashes. I know this is a very hit and miss mascara with people. Some people say it gives them spidery lashes. They're just wearing too much. Would I repurchase? Absolutely, especially after I finish the stockpile of mascaras I have.
13. Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express: Meh. I was unimpressed with this mascara, it was underwhelming. Honestly, the only reason it's in an empties post is because it had dried up. Would I repurchase? Nope, not with so many other better options out there.
14. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist: What I finished a lip product??? Big shocker. It's a good solid nude colored lip gloss that left my lips feeling moisturized and it tasted good. :-P Would I repurchase? Probably after I widdle down my collection of lip products.
15. Maybelline Color Whisper in Plum Prospect: And there's a second lip product here too!! Plum Prospect was a bright pinkish purple lipstick. It was super moisturizing and I'm kind of sad it's finished. Would I repurchase? Definitely, especially in different colors.
16. LOreal True MAtch Super Blendable Powder in W4: This is my usual powder. I can't say much about it, but I like it. It does a good job and it's cheap. This is probably my fifth or sixth compact. Would I repurchase? Yeah, I'm already waiting for Ulta to have a sale on LOreal.
Wow that was ridiculously long. Jeez, I shouldn't let it go this long between trash posts!
As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money. I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)