Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Untried Wednesday: Julep Karen and Autumn

Guess what today is guys!  It's Mr. LacquerVixen's birthday today!  Yay!  We're taking him out to shabu shabu tonight for which I am super excited for.



This is Julep Karen.  It is a peachy orange shimmer, almost a frost.  For the pictures I used two coats and was pretty okay with the opacity.  I still have a touch of VNL on my pointer, middle, and ring fingers, but I was okay with it.  Mainly because I was planning on topping all my nails with the glitter in the next picture, but then Mr. LacquerVixen said accent nails instead.  I guess I can let him pick on his birthday.  So then maybe I should have gone back for the third coat.  I don't own anything like this in my collection.  I'm not an orange person, as I've said before, and I strangely don't own any peach colored polishes, but this color I really like.  It's delicate and seems almost neutral with my skin tone.  


On my thumb and middle finger I am wearing Julep Autumn, a glitter top coat with orange and red hexes and tiny silver specks.  In the picture I only used one coat and it dispersed evenly over the nail.  It may be able to reach complete opacity if you were to top it over red polish and maybe use three coats.  I think that it would look best as a topper though.  If it was too dense, the colors of the glitters would blend in too much and it wouldn't look as unique as it does.

As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment