Monday, November 3, 2014

Mani Monday: Konad Stamped Netting

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine was pretty productive.  I'm ahead on my NaNoWriMo, so woo go me.  But I know you guys are here to see my polish pictures, so let's get started.  Just off the bat, I don't particularly like the way these turned out and I have no problem showing it to you all.  Maybe you'll know what I did wrong or you wouldn't make the same mistakes I made.  Whatever they are.


As my base polish I used China Glaze Strawberry Fields.  It is a bright pink with a pretty heavy gold shimmer.  I used two coats for complete opacity.  This is actually one of the few China Glaze polishes I own.  Generally the formula doesn't work with my nail chemistry.  No matter what I do, it chips off in big pieces on me within 24 hours.  I do really like this color though, so I keep it around.


To top it off, I pulled out my my stamping stuff and my favorite bottle of Cult Fetish.  For this I used Konad stamping plate N53, it is the same one that has the zebra and leopard print.  It has been a while since I pulled these out and I remember why.  The C curve on my nail is too pronounced for these kind of full nail stamping images.  They generally don't reach the edges of my nails.  I also attempted to do a black french tip with a dotting tool and give them an almost fluffy cloud appearance.  They ended up melting together.  Yeah. Things were just not working for me today.  It was totally not cute.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment