Friday, November 7, 2014

Random Post: October Empties

Oh, it's already November.  October is gone, and soon it'll be December with all the holidays and present shopping.  I'm actually already half way done with my Christmas present shopping.  I just have family left.  I am a very excitable person when it comes to shopping and planning.  Why do you think my wedding planning is mostly done and I'm not getting married for another 11 months? :-P

So October's empties is a ridiculously large group.  Honestly I have no idea how I went through this much stuff.  It makes no sense.  I had to divide everything into two pictures, so get yourself a drink, maybe a snack, and let's start this puppy!  Let's try to keep this short and sweet and avoid me rambling.  


1. The Balm What's Your Type? Tall, Dark, and Handsome Mascara- Now to be honest I only bought this mascara because the guy on the box looks like Archer from the FX show and I LOVE me some Archer.  I generally do not see the point in high end mascara and spending anything more than $10 on a tube.  Luckily I found this one on sale for $9.50 on Hautelook.  I like it.  It is not a super wet mascara and does not leave my lashes all clumpy, this isn't actually empty, it dried out! It does plenty in the length department and not so much in the volume.  Would I repurchase? Eh?  I think it's a pretty solid mascara, but nothing special.  If I happened to find it on sale, sure, but I wouldn't actively go after it.

2. Simple Moisturizing Eye Gel: I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to do.  It has a metal roller ball that is nice and cooling, but I don't think it did much of anything. Would I repurchase? Nope.

3. Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Eye Treatment: Okay, I really like this stuff.  It helps smooth puffiness under your eyes.  I found it at TJ Maxx randomly for $6, that made it even better.  I had bought it hoping to find a cheaper dupe for the Origins Gin-zing under eye cream and was pretty happy with the results.  Would I repurchase? If I could find it again, definitely.

4. Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser: I got this as a sample when I bought my Clarisonic, and it was okay. It got the job done, but it didn't foam at all and when it comes to my cleansing products I don't feel quite clean enough unless I see it foaming up. Would I repurchase? Nah, especially not with so many other good options out there. 

5. NYC In a New York Minute Top Coat: Okay, I have to be honest here, I didn't use this as a nail top coat. I swear by HK Girl.  I used this for my dragon eggs. It is less than $2 and I can top coat 3-4 eggs with a bottle. It works for me. Would I repurchase? Ha! I've gone through like 4 bottles already and I need more.

6. Julep in Reese: This is something else sacrificed to the dragon eggs. I learned very quickly that the tiny Julep bottles do not have enough polish for dragon eggs, not by a long shot. So I actually combined it with Sephora by OPI in Meet Me in the Disco.  If you're curious, this was the final result.  Now I used this polish because I'm not the biggest fan of the silver duochrome with purple and green on my nails, but I thought it would be a great egg. This happened to be the only one in my stash, so it got used. Would I repurchase? Probably not. I'm just kind of over Julep.

7. Zoya Remove + (mini size): This is Zoya's infamous nail polish remover. It has all these extra bits in it to be more nourishing and less damaging to your nails.  It did the job pretty well. Would I repurchase? A full sized bottle of this is $10, and it's only like 8 oz.  I can get others that are just as good, smell better, and a lot cheaper. So no. 

8. Jessie's Girl Waterproof Liquid Liner: Ug, this was terrible.  I got this hoping that it would be a good drugstore dupe for my beloved Kat Von D Tatu Liner. It is not anything like it.  First it claims to be waterproof, it hardly lasted 3 hours.  Hell it made my eyes water.  It even got all crusty and would peel off.  It also made my eyes itch.  This isn't actually empty product, it's a fail.  Would I repurchase? Hello no.

9. Nyx Super Skinny Marker in Black: This is a pretty solid, middle of the road liquid liner.  It is felt tipped.  My issues were that it wasn't as black as I like it and it dried up in like two weeks.  Would I repurchase? Meh? Maybe in a pinch or if it was super cheap. 

10. Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Pencil in Black Velvet: I got this in an Ipsy bag and was super excited because I loved the Perversion pencil that this had replaced.  It falls short.  It was really dry and no matter how often I would sharpen it, it would be a sheer color and would skip.  Not cute.  This was another fail instead of an empty.  Would I repurchase? Ha 

11. LOreal True Match Concealer Stick in W4: I have always bought my concealer from the LOreal True Match line.  I really like the color range and I think they do a good job. The coverage is good and it stays pretty well.  The stick is nice because it's less messy than the liquid ones, but then maybe I'm just super messy.  Would I repurchase? Definitely.  


12. Beauty Secrets Acetone (pink version): When I said I could get cheaper polish remover that was just as good as the Zoya Remove +, this is what I meant.  This thing is cheap at Sally's Beauty Supply and is scented like wine.  Yeah, it's awesome.  Would I repurchase? Duh.  lol

13. Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark and Deep Brown Hair: I have reviewed this before in my May Empties.  Needless to say, I love it.  It's amazing.  Would I repurchase?  I have two back ups already.

14. Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate and Mango Infusions Body Wash: I've gone through so many bottles of this body wash over the years.  It's probably my favorite ever.  If Softsoap ever discontinued it, I may  have to run out and buy all of the bottles in a 20 mile radius.  It has a very pleasant scent and suds up very well.  I always fell very clean after my showers with this.  Would I repurchase?  Absolutely.  

15. Ulta Anti Bacterial Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in Mandarin Mint: It's hand soap, smells good, and cleans.  They're usually $6 a bottle, but Ulta usually has a buy two get two free sale.  Stack that with a $3.50 off of $10 so they only end up being about $2 a piece.  Would I repurchase? Yes.  Totally.

16. Dove Go Fresh Revive in Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent: I have reviewed this before in my September Empties.  So I love it.  Would I repurchase?  I buy this in duos.  lol

17. Heavenly Sugar, Sugar Scrub: I got this as a gift from a friend and use it during my weekly mani upkeep.  I like it, it leaves my hands feeling soft.  Would I repurchase?  Sure, if I happen to come across it and it's not expensive.  :-P

18. Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen: Okay, I need to stop taking pictures of stuff I've already reviewed.  This one was also in my May Empties.  I love it, it's my go to face moisturizer.  Would I repurchase it?  Of course!  I always have difficulties finding it, so I have to swoop in when I can find it.

19. Bubble White 5 Minute Effervescent Nail Cleaner: I love this stuff.  This is also another weekly mani upkeep product for me.  I soak my fingers and toes with this stuff and it leaves me feeling squeaky clean.  Like, literally squeaky.  Loves it!  would I repurchase?  Already have!

As the usual side note, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have people send me stuff for free just to review them. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment