Monday, November 24, 2014

Mani Monday: Rica Hanukkah Collection

Happy Monday!  Today I have Rica's Hanukkah Collection to show off.  A month ago, I was telling a friend how difficult it was to find holiday polishes that were not Christmas ones, so I usually skip the holiday collections.  Then I saw something on Instagram saying that Rica was having a Hanukkah collection.  I never saw swatches, I had no idea what they would look like, but I knew that I had to have them.  If you follow me on Instagram, then last Monday you would have seen the screenshot of my order.  Yeah, that's how excited I was.  So I got this in the mail over the weekend and of course had to use it right away.


This collection has three polishes called Show Me the Gelt!, 8 Crazy Nights, and I Love You Latke.  On my thumb and ring fingers I am wearing Show Me the Gelt!  It is a gold glitter with holographic gold hexes and regular copper hexes.  It was opaque in two coats.  It did dry a little bumpy, but nothing that a coat of thick top coat wouldn't fix.  I really love the glitter and I'm glad to have it in my collection because I don't really have anything like it.  On my pointer and pinkie I am wearing 8 Crazy Nights which is a super holographic blue polish.  Now when I swatched this on my swatch stick, it took four coats to be opaque and it was still kind of patchy, so I was disappointed.  On the nail though, I am wearing three coats, and the third was unnecessary.  Two coats was perfect.  Finally on my middle finger I am wearing I Love You Latke.   It is a three coat warm cream color with a gold shimmer.  It is a very pretty color and a three coater is not strange for a polish of this color.  I really like it.


On top of the polishes, I did some quick nail art.  Once 8 Crazy Nights was entirely dry, I placed lightning bolt Nail Vinyls and painted over them in Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Go For the Gold.  Then on top of I Love You A Latke I placed a gold colored filgree plate.  Over all, I am happy with the end result and glad it was easy.


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

1 comment:

  1. ooo! this is very pretty! Glad the blue worked out in the end.....Im loving that gold...

    ReplyDelete