Saturday, November 22, 2014

Swatch Saturday: OPI You Don't Know Jacques and Zoya Maria Luisa

Yay it's Saturday!  Today is a short work day, then Thanksgiving is next week.  I am so excited to get some time off next week and do some Black Friday shopping!  I'm hoping that HK Girl, KB Shimmer, and Different Dimension have sales.  I heard last year Different Dimension was 50% off last year!  So far, KB Shimmer's isn't too impressive, it is just free shipping at $40 and a free polish if you spend $70.  Eh, hopefully something better comes too.  If you're hoping for some indies, make sure you follow the makers on IG because that's where they will post the sales first.  I know I've been stalking them like crazy.  The Mercurial Magpie does have a list that she updates, so make sure you keep and eye on it.


Today I have OPI You Don't Know Jacques.  It is a taupey brown cream that was nearly opaque in one coat, totally perfect at two.  You Don't Know Jacques is one of those OPI cult classics that everyone needs in their collection.  It is a good work color and lovely as a base for glitters.  


I topped You Don't Know Jacques with Zoya's Maria Luisa, a gold flake polish from the Fall 2013 collection.  The clear base is dense with the glitter.  The pay off you see in the picture is just with a single coat, no dabbing here!  I'm generally not a fan of flakes at all, but this one makes me happy.  I think it works really well with the base.

As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment