Sunday, November 9, 2014

Random Post: Enchanted Polish August 2014

Woah, look at me being on top of things.  Blog posts are being written and there have been multiple random posts so far this month on top of doing NaNoWriMo.  I'm pretty proud of myself.

Now today's random post happened because of the frenzy over Enchanted Polish.  In case you do not know, this past year they have been releasing a mystery polish every month.  I keep seeing beautiful swatches of the polishes and I have multiple fellow polish junkies that have taken on the mission of owning every mystery polish of 2014.  So far this year they have all been gorgeous holographic polishes and we all know how much I love holo.  So for my birthday in August, I promised myself the mystery polish.  The presale for it was a month ago, so I swooped in and got it.  Now, if you've seen swatches of the August polish, you may already know what I'm about to say.


If I had known it was going to be duochrome, I would not have coughed up the $16 plus shipping for it.  Don't get me wrong, it is a gorgeous polish that has a strong shift of purple to blue to green and is perfectly opaque in two coats, but I <3 Nail Polish's Ultrachromes are $12.50 and they do sales every so often.  For the $16 price tag, I expect an amazing holographic polishes like every single other mystery polish they had come out with this year.  Now, you may say, well LacquerVixen you own seventeen Deborah Lippmann polishes and those are at least $18!  Those were all either gifts or purchased on clearance.  The most I've spent on a Deborah Lippmann has been $10 a bottle.

Really, it's a really pretty polish, but I am disappointed.  I guess that's the chance you take with mystery polishes.  Though apparently I may be the only person thinking this way because every other conversation I've seen about it, the people love it.  In that case, anyone want to trade for October 2014? :-P


As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment