Monday, May 18, 2015

Mani Monday: Herringbone Accent

Happy Monday all!  Hope everyone is doing well.  I have something a little different for everyone today for my mani.  I am not an artist, not by a log shot.  That's why I have a writing degree and I count money all day.  I like words, I'm good at numbers, but art?  Not my thing at all.  So today I tried to do a freehand design.  Really, I just like to make things difficult for myself.



I painted my nails with three coats of OPIs Do You Have This Color in Stock-holm and my accent is  two coats of ORLYs Mirrorball.  I then used a nail art brush to draw two vertical lines on my middle nail and then alternating diagonal lines between the vertical ones in Mirrorball.   Honestly, I can't paint a straight line to save my life, so I actually went in quite a bit with Do You Have This Color in Stock-holm to neaten my lines.  Over all, this was relatively easy, it just took a little bit of patience.  I would not be able to paint all of my nails this way, but it is nice for an accent.




 As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment