Monday, May 25, 2015

Mani Monday: Memorial Day Mani

To those of you reading this in the US, Happy Memorial Day.  To everyone else, happy Monday!


Today I have a more subtle patriotic mani than what I usually go for.  I guess that's what happens when I let Mr. LacquerVixen pick.  I used Zoya Purity, Illamasqua Phallic, some Vinyl Boutique Dream Catcher stencils, and some tiny red rhinestones.  


I painted Purity on my middle and ring fingers, then Phallic on the other three.  Both were pretty much one coaters with the odd bit of touching up on random nails.  Once Purity had completely dried, I placed the dream catcher stencils on my nails and painted over them with Phallic.  The stencils were okay to work with.  Most of the extra bits do come off on their own, unlike other ones I had tried before.  I did have a little bit of bleeding under the vinyls on my ring finger, so I had to go in with a brush to fix it.  Once my nails were dry enough, I did go over them with top coat and then pressed a small red rhinestone in the center of the design while the polish was still wet.

If you want to check out Vinyl Boutique, you can find the storefront here.  They do have some pretty cool designs.


 As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

1 comment: