Sunday, May 3, 2015

Random Post: OPI Hawaii Swatchfest

Happy weekend everyone!  I hope you're having a great time.  Today I bring half of the OPIs Spring 2015 Hawaii collection.  I had been going through a rut lately, unimpressed with all of the new collections.  All of the holiday collections bored me with so many reds (OPI) left me uninterested.  But then I started seeing pictures and live swatch videos of the Hawaii collection and felt that itch.  These were the ones I had to snag.


This first one is Aloha from OPI.  It is a bright orange cream that was opaque in two coats.  I am not an orange person at all, I may own like three different oranges, but I kind of needed this one.  I don't know if it was the brightness or the cute name, but I think it's totally worth owning.  


This is another one of those colors that I don't really wear.  Go with the Lava Flow is a coral with gold shimmer that was opaque in three coats.  This was the only polish that needed a third coat, at least from the ones I picked up.  This one is pretty different from my collection, so I'm glad to have it.  


Hello Hawaii-Ya? is a dusty purple cream that was opaque in two coats.  It is more of a blue based purple than my beloved Zoya Odette, so I totally needed both of them.  Absolutely necessary.  


This two coat dusty rose cream is called Just Lanaii-ing Around.  There is a touch of silver shimmer that shows up in the bottle, disappears on the nail, reappears with top coat, and doesn't show up on the camera.  It is a very pretty color.  Looks like OPI is bringing out all the dusty colors for spring this year, not that I mind, I don't have very many in my collection.  


Lost my Bikini in Molokini is a bright purple cream that was opaque in two coats.  I love me some purple and this one may be my favorite from the collection.  It is simple in it's beauty and sometimes you need that from a polish.


The final polish I got was That's Hula-rious!  It is a pastel neon green that is so currently popular.  I wanted to love this one so much.  The color is great and it was completely opaque in two coats, but the polish almost shatters on your nails.  I've noticed that with very white based OPI polishes I get spiderweb cracks on the polish.  I got the most compliments on this color than all the others in this collection, but the cracks bugged me.

As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment