Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Untried Wednesday: Dollish Polish You've Got Red on You

Happy Hump Day!  I hope everyone's week is going well, if not, then just remember we're half way to the weekend!


Today's polish comes from Dollish Polish's newest collection, the Cult Movie Classics and is inspired by the movie Shawn of the Dead.  Fun fact, Shawn of the Dead is supposed to be part of a trilogy called The Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy (because they always have a different kind of Cornetto in each movie) which also includes Hot Fuzz and The World's End.  Mr. LacquerVixen loves Shawn of the Dead, but personally I prefer Hot Fuzz.  So as soon as I heard that Dollish Polish was going to have a polish named after one of my best guy's favorite movies, I had to have it.  

It is a dark red jelly base full of small red glitters.  One coat paints on smoothy, if not sheer, but two is opaque.  It dries to a dull, textured finish so I did have to add a coat of top coat to smooth it out.  But if you do look on my middle finger, you can still see a bit of texture.  I did really like this polish.  Maybe if was the darker shade of red, but this one didn't shock me on my nails quiet as much as a true red tends to.  

If you are interested in checking out You've Got Red on You, or any other polishes from this collection, you can find Dollish Polish's store here.  

 As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment