Thursday, May 21, 2015

Random Post: Pretty Serious Rooftop Soiree Collection

Woo!  Look at me being so productive and on top of the blog.  Two Random Posts in a week?  It's unbelievable!  I'm on a roll here.


Today I have two polishes from the Pretty Serious Winter 2014 collection called Rooftop Soiree.  In case you haven't see any Pretty Serious polishes before, they come in these adorable boxes that are always themed after the collections.  Generally, I don't keep the boxes that polishes come in, but these are so cute that they'll be sticking around a while.


The two polishes that stuck out to me the most are Cocktail Bar and Red Carpet Treatment. Most of the polishes in this collection are glitters in a jelly base and these were the two that stuck out at me the most.


First off I have Cocktail Bar, a mix of large blue, medium green, and small blue hexes in a teal base.  It was opaque in two coats and the glitter dispersed very evenly.  The glitters in both of these polishes were very reflective, to the point that they did not like to be photographed.  


Red Carpet Treatment is a mix of red hexes and iridescent glitters in a red base.  The glitter dispersement was the same in this polish as Cocktail Bar.  I used two coats for complete opacity, but I do think that a third coat would have deepened the red.  I was obsessed with this polish.  If glitter wasn't such a pain to take off, I would be wearing this a lot more.  

If you are interested in checking out other polishes from the Rooftop Soiree collection, or other Pretty Serious polishes, you can find the storefront here.

 As the usual kind reminder, these products were purchased with my own money.  I am not cool enough to have companies send me free stuff to review them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment